Current Apprenticeship Programs
The Health Care Apprenticeship Consortium began its work with the development and successful implementation of a Medical Assistant (MA) apprenticeship program in 2019. We are continuing to scale up the Medical Assistant apprenticeship program in 2020 and beyond. For all programs, employers select the apprentices (we can help with this). Read the Healthcare Apprenticeship 2020 Programs flyer.
These apprenticeship programs will be starting soon:
- Medical Assistant, starting Winter 2020-21 (Medical Assistant occupational overview)
- Central Sterile Processing, starting Winter 2020-21 (Sterile Processing Tech occupational overview)
- Pharmacy Technician, starting Winter 2020-21 (Pharmacy Tech occupational overview)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Summer 2020, new cohorts starting Winter 2020-21
Planned for the Future
- Surgical Technician program
- Behavioral Health Technician program
- And more…
As these occupations are being built, we will continue to identify and frame a full and robust healthcare apprenticeship pathway.
Are you a healthcare employer who is interested in an apprenticeship program?
We’ll help you create a new program—for one of the above occupations or something different. From hiring apprentices and identifying mentors to developing a job rotation plan and assessing apprentices, we’re with you every step of the way.
Contact Mark Beaufait for more information: or 425-255-0315
Are you interested in becoming an apprentice?
Talk to your healthcare employer about starting an apprenticeship program and ask your employer to contact us to get started!