The Health Care Apprenticeship Consortium is a multi-union and multi-employer Washington State-registered Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. We are open to all healthcare employers in Washington.
Who We Are
The Health Care Apprenticeship Consortium is sponsored by SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training and Education Fund. The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee membership includes partners from healthcare employers, labor unions, and Washington State (see below for specific partners).
Our vision is to build a state-wide healthcare educational pathway through multiple apprenticeship opportunities, that is used by healthcare employers across the state and promotes accessibility, retention, and stability within the healthcare workforce.
The Health Care Apprenticeship Consortium aims to achieve the following goals:
- Develop a healthcare occupations pathways model starting with apprenticeship that supports workforce solutions, equity, career advancement, and wage growth
- Increase the number of participating employers and apprenticeship spots that are available within the healthcare ecosystem for the purposes of creating a fiscally-sustainable apprenticeship system and meet the long-term needs of Washington’s healthcare workforce
- Develop a sustainable apprenticeship funding model through private and public funding
- Provide apprenticeship programs that are accessible and produce highly-skilled caregivers in the most efficient way possible, including leaning into the future of learning (such as virtual classrooms)
- Where possible, each healthcare educational pathway will begin with an apprenticeship and the apprenticeship’s credits will transfer/articulate into more advanced healthcare degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Bachelor’s of Applied Science degrees)
- Provide entryways for diverse community members to participate in healthcare employment and apprenticeship opportunities